Thursday, July 19, 2007

Public Reasonings: Episode I

Our story begins deep in the East Village, on a rainy, humid, day in New YorkCity.

The big news is that there wasn't a terrorist attack, but there was a large explosion in East Midtown.

Other than that, very little happened. I discovered an Israeli Grocery Store: "The Holy Land Market."

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&q=the+holy+land&near=New+York,+NY&fb=1&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=image

Good fluffy pita.

A bag of pita + large hummus + honey cake + Israeli chocolate candy + 1/2lb of mushroom and cheese bourekas = $12.83

It would have cost half as much in Netanya. When I noted this to the shopkeeper, he pointed out that we weren't in Netanya.

Good Point.

1 comment:

Lucien said...

I work right on the border of the "frozen zone." They still made me come to work, annoyingly.