Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lazy Saturday in the Research Triangle

Sunlight streaming in through the trees on a hot summer morning. Johny Cash playing, L makes banana pancakes. We sit on the porch and discuss long-term prospects for economic growth in the US and the value of secondary markets for corporate equity. Great pancakes. 

I help change a tire, visit a whole foods for picnic supplies, and spend hours on the Duke campus, lounging in the sun and eating grapes with L + S, and then just S. I attend an informal rehearsal dinner at a Mexican restaurant and meet a sincere and ambitious PhD student studying mid-20th century US intellectual history (protestant thinkers), a warm and talkative wine barrel maker, and some Hill staff from my neck of the woods. I feel a special kinship with the Washingtonians. 

L and I go see the 10pm showing of Get Him to the Greek. Generally hilarious.  Driving back to his house after midnight, we pass many deer and a small white kitten. 

No comments: