Friday, December 17, 2010

Home is where Delta Airlines Takes you

Minneapolis is colder today. After a day of meetings, it's time to get back to DC.

First Leg of flight is Delta MSP-MCO, middle seat, exit row. I sit next to a traveling salesman from Nestle who has once visited Switzerland. We talk about the good old days of air travel and he tells a story of having led an emergency exit. Then he gets going on golf courses. There is free internet on the flight and I learn that my connecting flight to DC has been delayed.

I leave the plane for the Orlando airport and learn that the flight to DC has been canceled.

Forty-five minutes later i'm flying to La Guardia Airport, sitting back in the exit row next to a cosmetics designer from Long Island.

It is nearly impossible to get a taxi at La Guardia. I spend the night on the UWS and take the delta shuttle back to DC in the morning, and go straight to work.

A few hours later I am on a flight to Atlanta, connecting to Las Vegas. Middle seat, because I agreed to trade with a couple. I sit next to a nuclear-submarine-physicist-turned-IT consultant and talk about software-as-a-service before napping.

I get an antipasti salad in the Atlanta Airport, which is busy and orderly.

The flight to vegas is long but I have an exit row seat. We watch Eat, Pray, Love- slightly more enjoyable than reading the Delta magazine.

We land early and spend twenty minutes waiting for a gate.

No comments: