Thursday, March 27, 2008

Memorable Southeast Asian Experiences

Looking back on my time in Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, and Thailand, here are some of the moments that stand out in my memory.

-Listening to Rock-and-Roll on the back of a Speeding Motorcycle.
-Having my driver sing happy birthday to me, with creative lyrics.
-Dancing in the early hours of the morning at a Laotian Nightclub
-Finding an old Latvian Coin in a Phnom Penh Market
-Riding an Elephant down a mountain in Siem Reap in the setting sun, with the elephant driver playing a thin melody using a blade of grass.
-Lying on the prow of a boat, going up the river.
-Swimming in a deserted pool under the stars inside a gorgeous colonial villa.
-Running in the Olympic stadium, the setting sun at my back.
-Watching a fire-juggling show on a Thai Island, with paper lanterns lifting off from the beach

No comments: