Monday, February 4, 2008

The Digital Divide Data Giants win the Cambodian Superbowl

Figuratively speaking, that is.

Sunday morning was Game Day for the DDD team, a serious football (non-American variety) match against a top-ranked University team that had won some fancy championship.

It was a more serious match from the start, as they had a fast "german-style" offense, and charged our offense when we held the ball. Luckily, we were able to put up a few goals, and they let me play in the second half. Less of an effort than last week, as I was tired and unprepared for the faster match. I missed another opportunity to score, and skinned both my knees.

But we won, 4-1, which was a big victory. We were partially powered by a recent swedish addition, who played well and with energy on defense.

After the match, we went up the highway to celebrate by the river. We sat around on hammocks, on a platform that overlooked the Mekong River.


The Mekong River

Some of my teammates played cards, and then we sat around and ate. Then it was time for beer. I tried to teach them the words to "show me the way to go home," the drinking song from Jaws.
They were amused, but hadn't heard of Jaws. Oh well.

The Hammocks

1 comment:

Eli said...

In their defense, I haven't seen Jaws either.

Blog Archive